I did not do Sundays run...I had good intentions to take the day off in order to start a new week a day early. This did not happen, so I'm going to do my best to stay on schedule. That in itself is a difficult task. I used to think that it was a cop out when people failed to make race goals due to time issues. Today, as a wife and the mother of 3 young kids, with 2 businesses run out of our home...I accept that excuse for them...yet still not for myself. So this is how things have been going with my training.
Tuesday I got a wild hair and decided to bike 15 miles - but got my route all confused and ended up biking only 10. I felt good, came home for a drink and headed out for my 5 mile, scheduled run. I was whooped by the time I was done. I recuperated by laying out and swimming...and by night fall I had fully transformed into a lobster. I was crispy...not as in delicious Krispy Kreme but as in toast. Not good. I went ahead and did the weight training and ab work suggested by my brother and training partner Jason & my husband Rob around 8:30 after the kids were in bed.
Honestly this is harder than I thought. The workouts are awesome...I love the workouts but the time requirement is tough. I'm committed to not only running the 1/2 with Jason...but doing great.
Today - I ran my "easy" 2 miler with Caleb in tow and Chevelle (my sassy black lab) to keep me motivated. I didn't time myself but it was awesome...early around 730am and quick...about 12 or 13 minutes. I felt great. I'm looking forward to tomorrows 5 mile run again. No biking before hand though.
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment