Monday, October 1, 2007

I'm gonna try to TRI

I registered for a TRI a while back, moved the date b/c of amoeba and now the new date is actually this weekend. I'm not ready. I thought that I was ready...so I did my own little TRI here at home so I could see if I could REALLY do it. I swam in my pool for 1.5 minutes - it kicked my butt. I had to stop & start 2 times but I ended up swimming for 15 minutes then did my 10 mile bike and 3 mile run in 1hour and 3 minutes (not including transitions...which need LOTS of work). I'm going to do it - I'm confident that I'll finsih and that's my goal for my first tri. Reasonable?
I'm going to be working on my swimming for the rest of the week. I have no technique at all - I really wish I'd been working on my swim. Oh well.
on the positive/ preparation side I did use the outfit, swimsuit, socks & shoes that I intend to use in the race...and they worked out great! Also, the knee pain was minimal, muscle soreness...not there and cardio was great. I'm thinking about trying harder on Wednesday morning and then no more until race day.
PS. The Turkey Trot sounds like a smart idea...and then I can eat more! :)

No comments: